Resources for Individuals with ADHD or ADD and their Families
by Dr. Barbara Lowe
Individuals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD or ADD) demonstrate significant challenges with organization, attention, forgetfulness, staying on task, and sometimes fidgetiness. Individuals with ADHD and families with individuals with ADHD need to be empowered with knowledge, support, and customized interventions. At GPSS, our staff members are experts in diagnosing and addressing the needs of those with ADHD. We offer evaluation services, academic and career coaching services, individual therapy, and family therapy service. We are here to help!
Below, we have listed resources that can be useful in your family’s journey.
- Mastering Your Adult ADHD: A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Program Client Workbook, by Steven A. Safren, et al. (For therapists: Mastering Your Adult ADHD: A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Program Therapist Guide, by Steven A. Safren, et al.)
- Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.? Stopping the Roller Coaster When Someone You Love Has Attention Deficit Disorder, by Gina Pera and Russell Barkley
- The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD: An 8-Step Program for Strengthening Attention, Managing Emotions, and Achieving Your Goals, by Lidia Zylowska and Daniel Siegel
- Raising Boys With ADHD: Secrets for Parenting Healthy, Happy Sons, by Mary Anne Richey and James W. Forgan
- More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD, by Ari Tuckman
- Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD: Beyond Piles, Palms, & Post-its, by Terry Matlen MSW
- Teaching Young Children With ADHD: Successful Strategies and Practical Interventions for PreK-3, edited by Richard A. Lougy Richard A. Lougy David Rosenthal
- Parenting Children with ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach by Vincent J. Monastra