Resources for Stepfamilies
by Dr. Barbara Lowe
Stepfamilies can flourish, but they also experience unique challenges on a regular basis, especially in the early years. Parents, step-parents, children, and step-children can, at times, feel overwhelmed by an on slot of strong emotions, including frustration, disappointment, guilt, confusion, and fear. Stepfamilies need to be empowered with knowledge, support, and customized interventions. At GPSS, our staff members are experts in addressing each family member’s unique needs in a way that facilitates overall progress and harmony.
Below, we have listed resources that can be useful in your family’s journey.
- Happily Remarried: Making Decisions Together * Blending Families Successfully * Building a Love That Will Last by David Frisbie, Lisa Frisbie
- Keys to Successful Stepfathering (Barron’s Parenting Keys) by Carl E. Pickhardt Ph.D.
- Stepcoupling: Creating and Sustaining a Strong Marriage in Today’s Blended Family by Susan Wisdom, Jennifer Green
- Wonderful Ways to be a Stepparent by Anna Chase
- Smart Stepfamily: The Seven Steps to a Healthy Family by Ron L. Deal
- Smart Stepmom, The: Practical Steps to Help You Thrive by Ron L. Deal, Laura Petherbridge
- Smart Stepdad: The Steps to Help You Succeed by Ron L. Deal
- Blended Families: Creating Harmony as You Build a New Home Life by Maxine Marsolini